[SCA-Dance] Date of Revel at Pennsic

judithsca at aol.com judithsca at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 07:45:33 EDT 2008

Please note that Thursday is the 7th - the revel is on Thursday, not Wednesday! My fault!
Judith

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:46:50 -0000
From: "(John) Byron Boyd" <SCAlutenist at gmail.com>
Subject: [SCA-Dance] notice of revel at Pennsic
To: sca-dance at sca-dance.org

Unto the gentles of this list:

Magistra Judith de Northumbria will present a 15th century revel
beginning at 2100 on Thursday August 6th, and has asked me to
distribute the announcement which follows.  Please forward this
announcement to any lists and gentles that may be interested.

In service,
Hlaford Iohann se pipere
Sable, a gyron argent
Ars Longa Vita Brevis (art endures, life ends)
Publicist, Pennsic Dance, Pennsic XXXVII

May it be known that I will host a revel on the feast of St. Sixtus
(August 7th), and that this revel will be rather wanton in nature,
indulging in drink, food, music --- and that path into the bowels of
Hell itself, dance!  Festvities will commence after the setting of
the sun, at the ninth hour of the clock; all are invited to come and
make merry, no matter their pleasure!  For those who follow the path
of Terpsichore, I have contracted a fine ensemble of pipers who will
obey any request provided that it be concurrent with contemporary
tastes in these time of the Medici and the ascendancy of the great
house of Burgundy.

I remain your servant,
Judith, Magistra Laurea.

Notice!

The theme of the food, dancing and music will be 15th century, but
that does not preclude people who have no 15th c. clothing from
attending --- ALL are welcome, whether they dance, drink or do
anything 15th century or not... Vikings, Romans, Arabs, Magyars,
Franks, everyone!  Please, pass this invitation on to all and
sundry.  It is a party, first and foremost!

End of Sca-dance Digest, Vol 32, Issue 4