[SCA-Dance] Sca-dance Digest, Vol 28, Issue 17

smcclune at earthlink.net smcclune at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 19 13:21:41 EST 2008

----Original Message-----
>From: Alex Clark <alexbclark at pennswoods.net>

>It seems likely that a dancer who has been around for a
>few years will also have encountered the Earl of Salisbury Pavan, which
>(IIRC) was first choreographed by Mabel Dolmetsch and published in 1949.
<<<

Or a mutated version of Dolmetsch's choreography (which I think came from Rose & Nefr?), which seems to have supplanted the "original" version in many places ...

Of the two, I prefer Dolmetsch's choreography.  If we're gonna dance made-up dances, we should at least dance the *original* made-up dances!  :)

Arwen Southernwood
Caerthe, Outlands (Denver, CO)