[SCA-Dance] A Question of Latin

Kirsten Garner kngarner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 14:11:55 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I'm working from memory here, so I can't remember the
exact date, but during Edward I's reign, there was a
notation in the household accounts to pay 2s to one
Maude Makejoy for 'dancing before the Prince [Edward
II]'. After the initial convulsions of laughter, we
all decided that with that particular name (and at
that price!), she had to be a lap dancer or something
of the sort. ;)

Julian