[SCA-Dance] A Question of Latin

Kirsten Garner kngarner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 7 10:59:07 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I was following a line of research this morning that
landed me smack in the middle of some privy council
records from the early years of Henry VI's reign. As I
was translating the Latin, I started wondering about
the terms for 'dancers'. There are several terms used
in the period sources - does anyone happen to know if
there were any nuances of meaning in the Latin terms?
(For example, x = acrobat-type dancer/dance, y =
"noble" dancer/dance, z = stage dancer/dance, or
anything like that.)

Many thanks for any assistance. :)

Julian