[SCA-Dance] New group looking for teachers and resources

Arthur Bogard arthur.bogard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:47:21 EDT 2007

Hello there.  I am Arthur of Gleann Iaruinn, a canton of the Middle Marches
in the Midrealm.  Although Gleann Iaruinn has been around for a long time, a
new incipient group has been started here at Shawnee State University.
We're working extremely closely with GI, but I'm also stretching out to
other groups for resources so that the group has some legs to stand on in
the coming years when I depart for Atlantia.  That brings me to the point of
on the campus dance.  I know of several people interested in the arts side
of the SCA, but our resources are low in that area.  I am reaching out to
you all to see if anyone has any good resources (books, online, video
(preferable)) for us to teach ourselves medieval dance.  We are interested
in a variety of styles, and I would appreciate it if you all would help us.

On a side note: we're hosting a Schola on the 3rd of November in Portsmouth,
Oh (our first event), and if anyone is interested in attending or teaching,
we would love to hear from you.  I am the autocrat of the event, so please
direct all questinos to me.  I appreciate your time, and I hope to hear back
from some of you regarding resources or attendance.

Arthur Bogard
179th AW, Ohio ANG
Shawnee State University
Clark Planetarium Senior Operator