[SCA-Dance] Dance event in Scotland

Stephanie Smith sismith42 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 08:40:55 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

My shire is doing a dance event on 26 January 2008, in
case any of you need an excuse to make a trip to
Edinburgh, Scotland... ;-)  Full information below if
people are intersted.

Regards,
Estevana

Dance Moot V

When winter has fallen upon the lands, the Shire of
Harpelestane has its own merry way to remain warm and
entertained: dancing.

Come join us on 26 January 2007 for a day of dancing
and gaming at the latest gathering of our Dance Moot.
Classes on music and dancing will be held, with
opportunities to practice both in the evening at a
small ball. All musicians are welcome to come along
and play. For the non-dancers, there will be a
selection of period games to keep everyone
entertained.

The site opens at noon and closes at midnight. Dance
classes during the afternoon will cover both basics
for beginners, and complex choreographies for the more
advanced. A simple repast (meat or vegetable stew,
bread, cheese and fruit) will be served around 6, to
fortify us for further dancing into the evening.

For more details or to make a reservation, kindly
contact the event steward, Mistress Caitlin de Courcy,
1f2, 25 Haddington Place, Edinburgh, EH7 4AF, UK,  +44
(0)131 557 2397.

The cost of the event will be £10 per person.

Site address: St. Peter's Church Hall, Lutton Place,
Edinburgh, EH8 9PE. This is about 1 mile south of the
centre of Edinburgh, just off the A7.