[SCA-Dance] Too much improv

Jen Kennedy jen_kennedy at warpmail.net
Thu Jul 5 08:46:44 EDT 2007

I usually call for N number of repeats "as taught" before craziness
ensues, for dances that can be improvised wildly, especially if they are
also likely to have a lot of newcomers on the floor (we get a lot of
carrying-on in many "easy" dances here: Pease Bransle, Amoroso, New Boe
Peep, as well as P.V.). I want to give the less-confident dancers a safe
chance to try in mixed company, as well as giving the bounders a
refresher on the choreography, which some forget or never really learn
from lack of opportunity to practice.

I like Del's and Urraca's solutions also, and will consider them as
alternatives for when there are enough dancers, space, & time for
multiple sets.

Eoin, Trimaris