[SCA-Dance] Haut Barrois branle

Michael Bergman eclectic at mit.edu
Mon Jan 8 18:41:38 EST 2007

At 11:48 PM +0100 1/8/07, Mikulás wrote:

>In our group, we decided to ignore the tabulation (they seem to get
>a bit strange each time a "petit saut" is involved) and stick to the
>description. With a bit of practice, one can get easily used both to
>springing from both feet and landing on both feet. With further
>practice, it can even become quite natural, comfortable and
>eye-pleasing movement.

If I recall correctly (not guaranteed), the tabulation isn't
completely accurately reprinted in the commonly available english
translation.  If you have a french facsimile available to you, I
would compare them to see if that resolves the "bit strange", at
least for some pieces.  I note that Barbara said that she *did* have
a french version available, though this may not help her particular
issue.

I haven't looked at bransles for a while, but am fond of them and
have been thinking about doing so; I'll keep your (Barbara's)
question in mind when I do.
--

--Harald Longfellow