[SCA-Dance] greetings

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Aug 27 15:27:24 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 05:11:38AM -0700, Stephanie Smith wrote:

> To end with a question:  how many "Spaingo-something"
> dances are there? I know "The Spanioletta" (from Inns
> of Court), "Lo Spagnoletto" (Negri), and have heard of
> two Spainioletta's from Carusso... are there any
> others, to add to the confusion when someone asks for
> "Spaignoletta/o"?

There are 4 in Caroso: Spagnoletta Nuova and Spagnoletta Regolata in
Nobilta, and Spagnoletta and Spagnoletta Nuova in Il Ballarino.

Santucci has a Spagnioletta.

Jacobilli has a Spagnoletta.

And the Vatican MS has one.

Sparti claims in her Vatican MS article that this dance survived
into the modern era in a couple of villages.

-- Gregory