[SCA-Dance] Dance list and particular dance question

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon Apr 23 01:10:24 EDT 2007

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007, tmcd at panix.com wrote:
> In particular, what was the last dance?  I don't remember whether it
> was three couples or four in a line.  The last figure is everyone
> turning to their own left and doubling away from their partner, then
> doing a half turn and doing a handed hey back to their own partner
> (so starting with the Nth man and 1st woman, then a new pair joining
> the hey every measure -- NO, it's not Dargason), then turning one's
> partner a full time.  Then repeating by turning to your own right.

Someone e-mailed me directly -- why not to the list I wot not, but I
suppose I shouldn't mention his name publicly.  Anyway, he IDed it as
Scotch Cap.  I didn't remember the steps clearly: the last (in the
choreographies I Googled quickly) have the lines slipping to their
left (and then right) before the (half) haying.

Anyway, my thanks to N0 CARRIER