[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: [SCA-AE] Pennsic postponed to 2020

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 07:07:05 EDT 2021

Pennsic Postponed until 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Monica Gaudio <rani23 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 6:56 AM
Subject: [SCA-AE] Pennsic postponed to 2020
To: <discussion at aethelmearc.org>

>From the Mayor -

G’Day Everyone,

When taking office in the position of Mayor for Pennsic 49 I made a promise
to everyone. That promise was that above all else, I would endeavour to run
a fiscally responsible and safe Pennsic 49. It was my dear friend and
mentor Viscount Sir Edward that said to me “The people that attend this
event are Pennsic, take care of them.” I promised him I would. Then COVID
19 hit and the entire world was plunged into a crisis, the like of
which we have
not witnessed in our lifetimes.

Over the past few months, I have been in constant discussions with The
Pennsic Seneschals Group (PSG), The President of the SCA Inc, Coopers Lake
Management and my Pennsic Senior Executive Group. In addition, I have seen
the comments from many of you and listened to the comments from my Deputy
Mayors and their staff.

I have kept you all updated as much as possible so that you all understand
my decision-making process and so that you understand the path I am walking
when I make decisions. Although change is happening and things are getting
better, I must deal with the now, rather than what I think it may be like
in 3 months’ time and unfortunately our vendors

needs for commitment and certainty are requiring us to make commitments
earlier than we originally intended.

As Mayor of Pennsic 49, I was entrusted with, the welfare and safety of the
entire Pennsic Family. It is therefore with great sadness that I must
inform you today that, I have decided to Postpone Pennsic 49 for another 12
months to 2022. The new dates for Pennsic 49 will be 29 July 2022 – 14
August 2022.This has been an exceedingly difficult decision to make but I
trust you understand the reasoning behind it.

This postponement will be heartbreaking news to many of youand especially
to the community surrounding Coopers Lake.

It has been arranged with Cooper’s Lake Management, that those who have
preregistered for Pennsic 49 may have their registrations rolled over to 202
2. If you desire a refund, please go to www.cooperslake.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cooperslake.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2tbGKxDQyugW-K-EB-JvipPUQoxb8SSL0mxwK7Epf9Q1wkl5O2hLZ049A&h=AT1BUUFuohlZY-WCctNDkB0Bm1GzkRh97CDR34SUiliMf7EFJy4KO7gob4lY1CBBtiJSIUcoR4PzrMc9YpZoNjEA10u8gDgfLJN__t9jsd-JGGwLnIgL7jTxrtXQzK247A&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT1UkIOyZNbuTlcbTbMbuGuhHIabgj_7NKD8yE6UXn7Ar9ZhvUd_MAa9OGnHjt8-q9WK1iZ52IX4G5sw2kbS1vxKV2fDfrP_RBfpsCdQ-pr9NRwM3erG33eM0SURmDpDyJz_y88B2bShPT_5axpjNjJvmeQ3eviRHLQ94e7Etd4W6fw>
and
log into your pre-registration account.

Even if Pennsic 49 cannot run this July 2021, I remain optimistic that the
situation will improve over the next months. I know that some of you have
lost loved ones to this pandemic and my Pennsic Team and I send you
our condolences
and best wishes.

I am looking forward to the time when I can share some time with you all at
Cooper’s Lake and Pennsic War.

Yours in Service,

Sir Gregory of Loch Swan

Mayor