[SCA-BMDL] Cookie Volunteers for Golden Jubilee Party?

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:37:00 EDT 2019

Tl:dr – We need a few folks to make and bring some cookies to Count Jehan’s
50th anniversary party on Tues of War Week, 9pm, AE Royal. Can I have a few
volunteers?

Hello friends! Story time…. Once upon a time, there was a young lady,
lower-case “L”, who left her parents’ home and found her tribe at a college
fair. These people were lovely and fun and loved all things medieval. They
invited the girl to attend their greatest War, Pennsic, with them, and so
she went. All the sights and smells, and campfires and comeraderie were
truly amazing, but there was one man that stood out above the rest. He was,
even those many years ago, stooped and grey, but still donned armor and
weapons to join Their Majesties’ army, which is impressive all by itself.
But the most incredible thing was what happened with this man opened his
mouth and spoke. He spoke deliberately, slowly… and spun tales of adventure
long past, poetry that painted the most beautiful pictures of all aspects
of medieval times, and most greatly, spoke forsoothly of honor, courage,
dreams, chivalry, and all the things that people once were and hope to be
again. This man, named Count Jehan, by his words and bearing and courage,
changed the girl’s tribe from a fun series of activities, into something
magical and true. And as the girl continued her journey with her tribe,
capitalizing her “L” and further, she saw with her very own eyes and heart,
that Count Jehan made magic and truth throughout the Kingdom and beyond. We
are better with this man.

This year at Pennsic, we celebrate Count Jehan’s Golden Jubillee, Tues of
War Week at 9pm in AE Royal. The celebrants are in dire need of cookies for
a sweet treat at this celebration. Will a few folks volunteer to make and
bring some, please? For Count Jehan.

~Bns Hilda