[SCA-BMDL] [wwg] Shop day, April 28th

Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie ishiyama at ee0r.com
Mon Apr 22 23:47:56 EDT 2019

The woodworking guild is having a workshop session on Sunday April 28th,
2019 from 10am to 2pm at the home shop of Ishiyama Shonagon (1105 Shady
Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232). The phone number is in the Dark Pages if
you have trouble or questions, but the number only accepts voice calls.

The main purpose of the time is to build some banner stands that the
Barony needs, and maybe to make some banner poles. We can get all the
pieces we need out of 2x4's and the wood is already here. If time
permits, after we make enough pieces for the stands that the Barony
needs, we'll be able to work on banner stands for ourselves or other
personal projects. If you want to make a banner stand for yourself, you
will need to bring an 8-foot 2x4.

Please feel free to bring any tools you'd like to bring, but it is not
necessary to bring anything but your interest in making stuff from wood
and whatever safety equipment you prefer. Eye protection is required.
Closed-toe footwear only. Gloves recommended for most work. Dust masks
and expanding foam ear plugs can be provided. You can pull into the
driveway to unload, but parking will be on the street.

This is a work session. The next planning meeting is scheduled for
Thursday May 23rd (after War Practice) at the Panera in Oakland from 7pm
to 9pm.

--
Ishiyama Shonagon
(mka: Elliott C. Evans)