[SCA-BMDL] [wwg] Woodworking Guild Meeting Minutes - 04/18

Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie ishiyama at ee0r.com
Sun Apr 21 11:52:54 EDT 2019

This meeting of the guild was at the Panera in Oakland on
2019.04.18 from 7pm to 9pm. There were 9 people attending.

We first discussed the schedule for the next few meetings.

2019.04.28	Work session at Ishiyama's
2019.05.23	Planning meeting at Panera in Oakland
2019.06.02	Next work session, location TBD

We discussed how guild activities will be communicated.

* We should probably start a mailing list to chatter about details that
would just be clogging the main list.

* We need to make sure to get our announcements on the "unofficial"
social media feeds where people actually look.

* Everything should be on the blog and the calendar, too.

We discussed projects currently known we could work on.

* Banner stand project already in progress and is primary subject of
04/28 workshop meeting

* Duke Sven has a nice design for three piece, flat-pack tables we could
also make a bunch of. They'd look great between thrones and make good gifts.

* Elss knows that good armor rack design with the hinges

We discussed projects that could be done to help out others

* Trays for the Food Guild

* Looms for the Fiber Guild

* Portable scrivening desks for the Scribal Guild

* Cooler boxes for whoever, does it matter who?

* Toys for the Kingdom childrens' toy box

* Period games, boards and pieces

* Block stamps for printing (Scriptorium) and fabric printing (Fiber)

We discussed ways to expand our involvement beyond the borders of the
Barony.

* Promote our activities to nearby groups

* Contact the Shire of Steltonwald about activities at War Practice

--
Ishiyama Shonagon
(mka: Elliott C. Evans)
ishiyama at ee0r.com