[SCA-BMDL] Food Guild Meeting Report - 4/7

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:14:55 EDT 2019

Greetings All --

The first meeting of the Food Guild was held at the Archery Muster at the
castle on April 7th.

We had a very productive discussion about topics for future meetings. This
list is by no means complete or in any kind of order, so we may freely add
to it at our pleasure:

   - Spices and spice combinations
   - Period cooking compared to non-period cooking
   - Foods from different countries or regions
   - Condiments and sauces
   - Bread
   - Reference materials -- online, cookbooks, buy or borrow?
   - Cooking for crowds
   - Preparing for a feast
   - Subtleties
   - Who ate what?

We also discussed cooking outdoors over a fire. Check out my next post for
how we will handle *that* topic!

Remember that the requirement for attending a Food Guild meeting is that
you are interested in food: cooking it, reading about it, thinking about
it, eating it, or whatever.

Our next meeting will be on April 28th. Watch for the announcement, coming
soon to an electronic device near you!

Eat well, my friends!

Elss