[SCA-BMDL] Equestrian Champs Tonight! 7pm

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:16:50 EDT 2018

Just a quick reminder that the Baronial Equestrian Champs are tonight at
7pm! Babcock Stables, Gibsonia PA.

Some notes from our Equestrian Marshal:

This will be our second BMDL Equestrian Championship.

All riders are welcome to present their equestrian skills at arms. We are
in need of some additional grounds crew.

This will be a challenge of equitation, weapon and coordination skills.
Competitors have 4 minutes to collect as many points by completing
different games (i.e. reeds, heads, rings, quintain, or walking over tarp).
A map of all games and their points/rules he map
will be posted in front of the arena by 6 pm. This map will also include if
there is a gait restriction for an activity, a specific weapon to use (i.e.
lance on heads or reeds instead of sword).  All riders will need a sword,
throwing spear, ring and quintain lance

Yes, this is an evening event. The arena has lights but there are some
darker spots on the walkway towards the arena and parking area. Please plan
accordingly and bring a flashlight. Please bring your own chair. Dress for
the weather.

Please contact Gesa Wellenstein <https://www.facebook.com/gesa.wellenstein> if
you plan to attend this event.
Trailer space is limited, therefore please provide your trailer size to
allow for efficient parking planning.

And as always We appreciate volunteers to help out with running the games.

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Bns Hilda

PS: Here's the FB "event". https://www.facebook.com/events/1488496131295642/
Note that the Championships are during the normal practice.