[SCA-BMDL] Vigil Food for Baroness Constance

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:35:23 EDT 2017

Now that Agincourt is over, I can now fully focus on food for Baroness
Constance’s vigil at 20 Year/Crown Tourney. The theme is “Viking Food”.
Despite there being a theme, I am not going to restrict the donations so
that people who would like to donate something, not in the theme are not
excluded. If you would like to donate something, please contact me via email
(not Facebook) at jenn.strobel(at)gmail(dot)com.

Very Important: Everything must come with an ingredient list. I will provide
3x5 cards and a sharpie or two at the event for last-minute additions.

If you haven't already decided what you are making. If you aren't familiar
with the culture and cuisine, here are a few resources for you to check out:

1. The Viking Answer Lady: Viking Foods
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/food.shtml

2. Þóra Sharptooth: Ingredients found in Viking finds dated to the early
middle ages
https://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/vikfood.html

3. The Viking World Wiki (authenticity-wise, this has as much veracity as
any wiki): Traditional Viking Cooking - includes recipes
http://thevikingworld.pbworks.com/w/page/4842629/Traditional%20Viking%20Food

4. The So-Called Harpestrang Cookbook: Codecs K and Q.
http://medievalcookery.com/etexts.html?Denmark

I will be on-site on Friday around 7:00 p.m. (earlier depending on Kieran's
work schedule) to set up the vigil tent. I will return Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
- Food can be brought to me either in advance or on-site the day of. If you
would like to get something to me in advance, or if you have any questions,
please contact me via email (not Facebook) at jenn.strobel(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thank you all for your time and in advance for your donations.

Meesteres Odriana vander Brugghe