[SCA-BMDL] A&S BMDL -- Block Printing Part 2 -- Thursday, November 2nd

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 01:02:38 EDT 2017

Greetings to the Debatable Lands!

Thursday is A&S in BMDL, we will be continuing our fiber-y trend with Part
2 of Block Printing, taught again by Fredeburg von Katzenellenbogen. This
time she will be helping us print with carved blocks.

*Special notes:*

*If you started carving a block in the last class, bring it back. If you
don't have one, she will be bringing some.*

*If you want your own supplies for printing: something to use as a flat
palette to roll out paint, roller (brayer) with either rubber or foam (for
screenprinting ink), spare paper or fabric for test printing, and ink:
Speedball screenprinting ink (quick drying) or relief oil-based ink (
Speedball oil-based, Speedball fabric printing ink, Gamblin relief ink,
Graphic Chemical relief ink, etc.) Artist and Craftsman in Squirrel Hill
has Speedball, Pat Catan's has black and sometimes white oil-based ink, and
may have screenprinting ink.*

Usual info:

We will be at Victory Pointe -- which is now an ice-cream parlor. We'll be
in the upstairs in the game room, at 1113 Carson Street on the South Side,
starting at 7 PM. Come early if you wish, and visit with us, downstairs or
up.

Please note that the game room is not Accessible, and I do regret that. If
you need assistance, please call or text me, (724-759-3333) and I will do
everything I can to help.

Be sure to park safely -- feed the meter if needed. They ticket like crazy
on the South Side. I think the best place is across the street in the bank
parking lot.

See you there!

Elss Augsburg
<https://www.facebook.com/elss.augsburg?fref=gs&dti=49997156241&hc_location=group>