[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter practice this Sunday - Alternate route to avoid ZooBoo traffic

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 22:15:13 EDT 2017

Greetings to all youth fighters and their parents!

This weekend is once again the ZooBoo, which means traffic around our
fighter practice site is likely to be heavy, so allow extra time to get
there. One back route you can try is to take Baker Street from either
Morningside Ave. (if you're coming from the south) or Butler Street (if
you're coming from the north) past the Zoo to get to the practice site.
It's little counter-intuitive, but it means you're driving opposite most of
the traffic. In the past it's worked pretty well for me.

[image: Inline image 1]

This Sunday youth fighter practice continues from 2 to 5 pm at the corner
of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End. Map here:
https://goo.gl/maps/KFidAcAKxG32

The weather forecast looks ok but chilly, a little cloudy with highs in the
mid 40s. Keep an eye on the list for possible cancellations if it rains.

Loaner gear will be available. Remember that the practice site has no
seating, so bring a folding chair if you want to be able to sit somewhere
other than on the ground. I will provide water and cups.

Schedule going forward:

- October 29 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov. 5 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov. 12 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov, 19 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov. 26 - NO PRACTICE, THANKSGIVING WEEKEND

After Thanksgiving we expect to move indoors. We are still looking for a
more centrally located indoor fighting site to use for the winter, so if
you know of a possibility, please alert the Knight Marshal. Preference is
for somewhere in the East End, but we'll consider anything closer to the
city than McCandless, where the Chinese Church we used last year is located.

I hope we'll see you there this Sunday!

Arianna