[SCA-BMDL] A&S BMDL -- Knitting a Monmouth Cap -- Thursday, October 26th

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:00:44 EDT 2017

Greetings to the Debatable Lands!

Tomorrow/Thursday is A&S in BMDL, we will be continuing our fiber-y trend
with Mistress Irene von Schmetterling teaching us about knitting in period,
and she will start us on a period knitting project - a Monmouth cap!
(Monmouth caps were made in the Welsh town of Monmouth, and were super
popular in 15th and 16th century, when they were imported to England and to
continental Europe.) Beginner knitting will be taught, no prior experience
necessary. Yay!

Also Yay! for Irene who will have some loaner materials available for
beginner knitters; if you are planning on making the cap, please bring:
size 10 or 11 needles, double points or 24 inch circular needles, 1 skein
of worsted, chunky or bulky weight. preferably wool.

We will be at Victory Pointe -- which now has an ice-cream parlor!! We'll
be in the upstairs in the game room, at 1113 Carson Street on the South
Side, starting at 7 PM. Come early if you wish, and visit with us,
downstairs or up.

Please note that the game room is not Accessible, and I do regret that. If
you need assistance, please call or text me, (724-759-3333) and I will do
everything I can to help.

Be sure to park safely -- feed the meter if needed. They ticket like crazy
on the South Side. I think the best place is across the street in the bank
parking lot.

See you there!

Elss Augsburg
<https://www.facebook.com/elss.augsburg?fref=gs&dti=49997156241&hc_location=group>