[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this weekend

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 22:16:32 EDT 2017

Greetings to all youth fighters and their parents!

Thank you to all of the youth fighters who served as list runners at Crown
Tourney/20 Year: Fox, Gabor, Fritz, and Sylvia (who will become a youth
fighter as soon as she turns 6 next spring!). We had six youth fighters for
the melees after Crown Tourney, as well as four adult sparring partners who
joined them on the field.
This Sunday youth fighter practice continues from 2 to 5 pm at the corner
of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End. Map here:
https://goo.gl/maps/KFidAcAKxG32

The weather forecast looks pretty good, a little cloudy with highs in the
mid 70s.

Loaner gear will be available. Remember that the practice site has no
seating, so bring a folding chair if you want to be able to sit somewhere
other than on the ground. I will provide water and cups.

Schedule going forward:

- October 15 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- October 22 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- October 29 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov. 5 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov. 12 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov, 19 - practice at Washington Blvd.
- Nov. 26 - NO PRACTICE, THANKSGIVING WEEKEND

After Thanksgiving we expect to move indoors. We are looking for a more
centrally located indoor fighting site to use for the winter, so if you
know of a possibility, please alert the Knight Marshal. Preference is for
somewhere in the East End, but we'll consider anything closer to the city
than McCandless, where the Chinese Church we used last year is located.

I hope we'll see you there this Sunday!

Arianna