[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Fiber Guild Meeting November 14th, 7 PM

dina trenullo dinaternullo at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 19:39:34 EST 2017

The BMDL fiber guild will have the next meeting on Tuesday, November 14th at 7PM, at Songbird Artistry, 4316 Penn Ave. in Lawrenceville.
This month we will be doing spinning with a distaff and a spindle. Spindles and wool will be provided, and some distaffs will also be available. Please bring a stick to use as a distaff, about 4-5 feet long. it can be a dowel, a stick from the park, skiing pole, a tiki torch. Possiblility are endless.
Spinning with a distaff is fun, portable, productive, and (bonus points!) you look super medieval doing it. Even if you're using a bright blue plastic broom handle.
For more information, please check out really cool blog by Cathelina Di Alessandri , 15th century spinning, https://15thcenturyspinning.wordpress.com/, with video links.
and Mistress Rhiannon's (Lois Swales) Missing Spindle webpages, which has links to her spinning videos. https://missingspindle.blogspot.com/
Tea and snacks will be happening, as always.
(Drinking tea is encouraged but not mandatory. Please contact me about any dietary restrictions.)

Luceta.