[SCA-BMDL] A&S News -- Next meeting Thursday, 3/9

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 00:08:11 EST 2017

Shout out to those of you who came to A&S last week -- WOW! We had four
sewing machines, lots of extra fabric, about 67 pairs of scissors of a w i
d e variety of shapes and sizes, and lots 'n' lots of thread. We six turned
out 14 black belt bags for barony use and six red ones for kingdom use --
thank you for your great work! Vivant!

A&S meetings are Thursday evenings at Victory Pointe on the South Side at
1113 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203!

This week we are back to learning. Tomorrow will be a class on Kumihimo, or
Japanese braiding, taught by Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie (who has been at
many of our Thursday meetings). This will be a wonderful and enjoyable
class, and even if your persona is not Japanese, I am sure you will have
fun. Plus, there are many uses for the braids that you make -- like trim
for garb, laces for tunics, string to hold your hat on or your bags closed,
as just a few things.

Feel free to come early and grab a snack downstairs. Parking is probably
the best in the bank parking lot across the street after business hours.

Everyone is welcome!

See you then!
Elss Augsburg
Minister of A&S