[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 19:11:31 EDT 2017

Greetings to all youth fighters and their parents!

Last weekend there were two youth fighters at our practice, and four at
Sunderoak's AEthelwald Proving Grounds event. It was a great weekend of
youth fighting!

This Sunday youth fighter practice continues from 2 to 5 pm at the corner
of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End. Map here:
https://goo.gl/maps/KFidAcAKxG32

The weather forecast looks pretty good, partly sunny with highs in the mid
80s but low humidity. We'll just have to watch for possible popup
thunderstorms.

Loaner gear will be available. Remember that the practice site has no
seating, so bring a folding chair if you want to be able to sit somewhere
other than on the ground. I will provide water and cups.

Schedule going forward:

- July 2 - practice at Washington Blvd site
- July 9 - practice at Washington Blvd site
- July 16 - practice at Washington Blvd site
- July 23 - practice at Washington Blvd site
- July 30-August 13 - no practices, go to Pennsic!

In addition, there are two upcoming events elsewhere in the Kingdom with
Youth Combat:

- July 15 - Bog 3-Day and Baronial Investiture in St. Swithin's Bog
(Johnstown, PA)
- July 29 through August 12 - The Pennsic War (Slippery Rock, PA), youth
fighting twice daily starting Thursday of Peace week

I hope we'll see you there this Sunday!

Arianna