[SCA-BMDL] Youth fighter practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:32:40 EDT 2017

Greetings to all youth fighters and their parents!

Last weekend we had four youth fighters. Due to a recent rule change, we
tried some melees with three adult sparring partners, which everyone
loved. This
Saturday there will be youth fighting in the early afternoon at the Bog
Investiture. St. Swithin's Bog is about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh
near Johnstown, PA. More info here:
http://aethelmearc.org/event/bog-investiture/ Also, there are only two
practices until Pennsic! The AEthelmearc Youth/Adult Tag Team Tourney will
be held on Wednesday of War week from 3-6pm. For those unfamiliar with this
tourney, each youth fighter and their adult partner compete in a tourney
with kids vs. kids and adults vs. adults. They get points for wins and
losses (kids get more points than their adult partners) and the combined
team with the highest points in each division wins! Youth fighters should
be lining up adult fighter partners now; let me know if you need assistance
finding a partner.

This Sunday youth fighter practice continues from 2 to 5 pm at the corner
of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End. Map here:
https://goo.gl/maps/KFidAcAKxG32

The weather forecast looks pretty good, partly cloudy with highs in the mid
80s. We'll just have to watch for possible popup thunderstorms.

Loaner gear will be available. Remember that the practice site has no
seating, so bring a folding chair if you want to be able to sit somewhere
other than on the ground. I will provide water and cups.

Schedule going forward:

- July 16 - practice at Washington Blvd site
- July 23 - practice at Washington Blvd site
- July 30-August 13 - no practices, go to Pennsic!

I hope we'll see you there this Sunday!

Arianna