[SCA-BMDL] A&S at Washington Blvd -- October 16th NEW TIME 2:30 pm

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:39:56 EDT 2016

Greetings, Debatable Lands!

This Sunday, October 16th, I have a really different and special A&S
meeting for you -- Comtesse Elena d’Artois le Tailleur has kindly agreed to
discuss *fencing*, how the list works, what you are seeing when observing a
bout, how fencers stay safe, how winning happens, and other information
vital to the enjoyment of watching a competition.

We will be starting around 2:30 pm, as fencing practice begins at 2 pm and
that will give the fencers time to warm up.

Now, I don't know much about fencing (except that they wear *fabulous*
garb), so I looked on the interwebz of course. I liked this website
http://olympiafencingcenter.com/discover-the-olympic-sport-of-fencing/ even
though it is not SCA. Skim it for general info if you like.

See you Sunday, 2:30 PM at the Washington Blvd park.

Elss Augsburg