[SCA-BMDL] Baronial Blog

Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie ishiyama at ee0r.com
Thu Feb 18 21:55:03 EST 2016

The Barony is pleased to announce that we now have a Baronial Blog.

http://www.debatablelands.org/blog/

Following on the excellent example set by the Aethelmearc Gazette, we
have extended the Baronial Web Site to include a way to post new
information in dynamic, automatically archived, searchable, linkable,
subscribe-able way.

The readership of the newsletter keeps declining, and it's a constant
struggle for the Chronicler to acquire articles, but the kinds of
information we used to publish regularly still exists, and people still
want to read it. It's just that the readership has moved on to other
channels, and it's time that the Barony adapted to reach people where
they are.

We are not discontinuing the Althing as a newsletter. The Althing
newsletter will continue to be the only channel for official
communication from and within the Barony.

The Baronial Blog simply adds another unofficial communications channel
to the mix of mailing list, website, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and
rumor mill that are already functioning. The webminister will work on
building links between all these channels, so that you can pay attention
to the ones that reach you best without fear of missing something. Some
of these links, like the RSS feed you can subscribe to with your news
reader, are already up and running automatically. The Chronicler will
make sure that the newsletter still contains the official notices and
most interesting content we have to offer.

Master Broom got the blog software working on the web site, and
Ishiyama-roku-i has been posting to the blog without fanfare just to
make sure that everything was working smoothly. It's now time to
publicize the existence of the blog, and start using it.

For now, only those with Baronial positions and offices will be able to
directly contribute posts for the blog, and all commentary on posts is
moderated. The populace can always send information to the relevant
officer, the chronicler, or the webminister for inclusion in a post. You
can also post to one of the other channels like you are used to, and see
if the relevant officer picks up the news for the blog.

Take a look right now, at http://www.debatablelands.org/blog/ !

--
Ishiyama roku-i Gen'tarou Yori'ie
(mka: Elliott C. Evans)