[SCA-BMDL] Saint George Day

Cindy Speer gabbywinter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:59:32 EST 2016

Greetings to the Populace of Aethelmearc,

I have come to ask you all a boon.  On Tuesday, April 5th, 2016 there will
be a Saint George Celebration here at California University of PA.  It
takes place from 11:00-3:00 at the library.  While I know it is a week day,
and all of us are working, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in
coming and teaching, adding their crafts to the display, or just coming to
add to the ambiance.

Sionn the lost had already graciously agreed to come down and teach
dancing.  We will have a display of fencing, as well.

The tagline is “A day of books and roses” – they are concentrating on books
and would love to have book binding.  Mistress Fredeburg has volunteered
some of her print making work to enrich the display.  Anyone who wants to
display or create scribal art would also be welcome, and I know calligraphy
is also a draw.

They want food --  they figure the students and community will be drawn by
the promise of free food.  They would like people to come and walk around
in garb and be part of the spectacle, so anyone who wanted to could join in
the dancing, fighting, or sitting around creating art.

I am hoping to make this into an opportunity for us to reach out to the
university and community (it is open to the public) and recruit, as well as
to show the university what we offer.   (It’s nice to remind them.

)

If you can do anything, please let me know.  You can reach me at
gabbywinter @ gmail dot com.

Also, please don’t forget the fencing muster on March 6th!  That runs from
10:00 until 5:00.  We will be doing fencing and MOL practice.

With gratitude,

Gabrielle de Winter