[SCA-BMDL] Youth fighting at the ECS this Sunday, Parkway East CLOSED

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:11:55 EST 2015

Unto all Youth Fighters and their parents,

This is the week we move youth fighter practice indoors for the winter, to
the Environmental Charter School at 829 Milton Ave. in Regent Square,
zip=15218. Map here: https://goo.gl/maps/t9ZNbjzuPnp  Thanks to THLady
Rosalia for securing access to the school for us again this winter.

WARNING: This weekend the Parkway East (Rt. 376 between Oakland and
Wilkinsburg) will be CLOSED because they are demolishing the Greenfield
bridge. Info on detours is available here:
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/The-412/November-2015/How-to-Get-Around-Upcoming-Closing-of-the-Parkway-East/
 If you are coming from the north, I recommend going to the summer site at
Washington Blvd, and then following Washington Blvd. south about 1.8 miles
to Penn Ave. Turn left on Penn, go  about half a mile, and turn right on
South Braddock. Follow S. Braddock past Forbes and take the first right
after Frick Park onto Henrietta St. The school is on the right. Enter
through the front door; we'll be in the cafeteria straight ahead and on the
right.

We had a great youth fighting practice at AEcademy last Saturday, with
seven kids, and then we had five youth fighters on Sunday at BMDL practice
who enjoyed some melees including capture the flag. Who will be fighting
this Sunday?

As usual, I will have loaner gear. The school has water fountains and rest
rooms.

Youth combat schedule going forward:

November 22 - Practice at the Environmental Charter School (ECS)
November 29 - NO PRACTICE, THANKSGIVING
December 6 - Practice at the ECS
December 13 - Practice at the ECS
December 20 - Practice at the ECS