[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighting this weekend

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:16:36 EST 2015

Unto all Youth Fighters and their parents,

We had a great youth fighting practice at the Castle last weekend, with
FOUR brand new youth fighters donning armor for the first time! We hope to
see many of you again.

This weekend there are TWO opportunities for youth fighting!

On Saturday, November 14 at the AEthelmearc AEcademy in the Shire of
Riversedge (near Meadville PA, about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh), I will
be running youth fighting as part of a class for adults seeking to become
youth combat marshals. Youth fighters, please arrive in the main gym at
2:30 ready to armor up! The event announcement is here
http://aethelmearc.org/eventinfo.php?event=1008 And the list of classes
being offered is here: http://www.aecademy.net/fall201.5/classlist.php

On Sunday, our regular youth fighter practice from 2-5 pm at Washington
Blvd. This is our last outdoor practice of the season; next week we will be
moving to the Environmental Charter School in Regent Square. If you can
come early, around 10 am, Baron Liam is organizing a site cleanup effort to
do our part to keep a city parklet that we use regularly clean. Bring work
gloves, and rakes and trash bags are appreciated. His Excellency says there
will be doughnuts!

As usual, I will have loaner gear and water. If you want to be able to sit
down somewhere other than on the ground, please bring a chair.

Youth combat schedule going forward:

November 14 - fighter practice/tourney at AEthelmearc AEcademy (Saturday,
2:30pm)
November 15 - last practice at Washington Blvd.
November 22 - Practice at the Environmental Charter School (ECS)
November 29 - NO PRACTICE, THANKSGIVING
December 6 - Practice at the ECS
December 13 - Practice at the ECS
December 20 - Practice at the ECS