[SCA-BMDL] Spring 2015 Regional Archery Muster

Crossbow1953 (Earthlink.net) crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 18 07:30:58 EST 2015

To the Populace of the Debatable Lands,

By the kind generosity of their Excellencies, Sir Byron and Sir Ariella, we will once again have a regional archery practice open to all at the Wexford Castle on Sunday, April 12th. This is the day following AEthelmearc Coronation. We will begin at 10:00 in the morning and continue until 5:00 that afternoon.

We will be joined by Thrown Weapons, Youth Combat, and Arts & Sciences.

One of the goals of this practice to allow anyone is to shoot their last rounds for the Gwyntarian Winter Challenge which closes a few days later. We would like to conduct this as our morning project and leave the afternoon for everything else, although the range will be open all day.

We will have novelty targets and anything that we can think of that is safe to shoot at. Space permitting and marshal availability, there may be some individual training. Of course, we will have archery from the Castle parapets. His Lordship Deryk Archer has been challenged again.

The Barony-Marche loaner gear will be available.

Food will be pot luck. Feel encouraged to bring hot and cold meals, side dishes, desserts, and snacks as you wish. Try out something new – we’re all hardy souls. Plates, cups, utensils and soft drinks will be provided.

Their Excellencies ask that everyone wear garb for the day.

This is not an event; it is an “enhanced practice.”

The  Castle address is 755 Stonegate Drive, Wexford PA 15090 and a map can be found at:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Wexford&state=PA&address=755+Stonegate+Dr&zipcode=15090-7593&country=US&latitude=40.62952&longitude=-80.10511&geocode=ADDRESS

Please contact Urho Waltterinen with any questions and requests.