[SCA-BMDL] Iron Comet -- August 29, 2015

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 00:01:56 EDT 2015

Greetings to the good Gentles of Æthelmearc and the Known World.

Pennsic War has just ended but the competition is just beginning! Are you
ready for the challenge of the IRON COMET?

Do you have what it takes to become the next Iron Comet? The winner is the
Gentle who gains the most points competing in 5 areas... Heavy Combat,
Fencing, Archery, Thrown Weapons, and Arts and Sciences. This year, we will
also have Equestrian activities, if that is your fancy.

The theme for this year's event is "The Hunt". The site is Brady's Run
Park, which is located at 121 Bradys Run Road, Beaver Falls, PA 15010. On
August 29, 2015, the site will open at 9:00 AM and close at 9:00 PM.

There will be an all-day sideboard by THL Elss of Augsburg. Please contact
her on FB with any dietary concerns.

The Autocrat is Elizabeth Arrowsmyth (Elizabeth Hogue) 40 Union Ave,
Pittsburgh, PA 15202, (412)999-8352. Reservations for this day can be sent
to Lady Hara Kikumatsu, 246 Whipple Street, Pittsburgh PA 15218,
(412)731-5588.

Prices: (all prices include sideboard)
Adults (18 and up) - $13.00
Children (6-17) - $7.00
5 and Under: Free
There will be a family cap of $40.

Make checks payable to: SCA PA, Inc. – Debatable Lands. The Non-member
Surcharge of $5 will be charged according to SCA policy.

Directions: From the south, take your best route to Rt 65 north. Turn Left
onto Veteran's Memorial Bridge, then right onto Riverside Dr (PA 51). Exit
at Brady's Run Park. Troll will be near the Horse arenas at the first left
past the Skating Rink.

>From the north: Take 79 south, Exit the Cranberry Mars Exit and turn right.
Take Freedom Rd for 8.1 miles to Rt 65,turn right. Follow Rt 65 North to
Veteran's Memorial Bridge. Turn Left onto Veteran's Memorial Bridge, then
right onto Riverside Dr (PA 51). Exit at Brady's Run Park. Troll will be
near the Horse arenas at the first left past the Skating Rink.

>From the West: Take I76 to I376 south. Take the Exit for Rt 51 and turn
left. Brady's Run Rd. will be on your right, Troll will be near the Horse
arenas at the first left past the Skating Rink.