[SCA-BMDL] May A&S Digest

caseyodonovan at yahoo.com caseyodonovan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 12:48:57 EDT 2015

Greetings Debatable Landers,

April has come and gone, and the snows have retreated. As webegin our thoughts on camping and the summer I wanted to remind you also ofactivities happening inside and outside the Barony.

BMDL Fiber Guild Meeting

                LadyRowena Moore will be hosting the next session of the Fiber Guild on ThursdayMay 21st beginning at 7PM in her home in the North Hills (8649 WestBarkhurst Drive, 15237). Bring along your current project or contact her aheadof time (sodtigger at gmail.com) to set up space on one of the two spinning wheels. Refreshments will beprovided.

BMDL Cooks Guild Meeting

                BaronJanos is calling together those interested in revitalizing the Cooks Guild inthe Barony to a meeting at his home on Sunday the 24th of May. Thismeeting to take place after the Baronial fighting practice and will commence at7PM. The major topic will be putting together a team to cook this year’sBaronial Reception at Pennsic, but also discussing future events and theinstitution of a graded guild structure. The location is the same as the FiberGuild meeting. Interested parties should contact Baron Janos (caseyodonovan at yahoo.com).

AEthelmearc Academy & War College

                Stormsportwill be hosting the latest session of the Academy this coming July 4th.This particular event is specifically set up for messy, noisy, dirty, etc.classes with plenty of outdoor space. Perfect for metalworkers, outdoor cooks,glass artisans and more. The site is close enough to day trip, or you can enjoyone of the local hotels and have an after hours party with your friends. Moreinformation can be found here: http://www.aethelmearc.org/eventinfo.php?event=929

Pennsic University

The deadline to get classes intothe printed book is tomorrow, May 1st. If you had thought to teach aclass this Pennsic, I would strongly suggest you go to: http://thing.pennsicuniversity.org/today and submit your class request. Pennsic University is a great opportunityfor you to showcase your skills and knowledge and to interact with people fromall across the known World.

Known World Arts & Sciences Display

                Also atPennsic is the Known World Arts & Sciences display, this year being held onSunday, August 1st from 1PM – 6PM. This is not a competition, but ashowcase where you can display your work and get advice, praise and exposurethat you may not have experienced locally. If you have not tried this in thepast you should give it a shot. Interested? Reach out to Lady Adele Lochlanehere: pennsic.artscidisplay at gmail.com.

Iron Comet 2015

                At theend of August, Their Excellencies will be hosting their Baronial Championsevent. A component of that event will be an A&S entry. If you are thinkingabout throwing your hat into the tournament and want to get a leg up on your competition,now would be the time to reach out to your A&S officer to see what assistance/guidancecan come from the very talented people in the Barony.

Lastly, A&S gatherings continue on Sunday mornings tocoincide with the Baronial ranged and martial weapons practice. Come down andmeet up with the older and newer members of the Barony, talk about ideas andprojects and link up to work together on your skills. We look forward to seeingyou there.

As always, if you have thoughts or suggestions; would like to teach a class, or have a skill that you would like to learn, drop me a line and we will see what we can put together for you.
 Potest Facere,
Janos Meszaros

Houshold Motto: Potest Facere "Can Do"
Family Motto: Giolla ar a-namhuid a-bu " A man above his enemies forever"