[SCA-BMDL] A Challenge

Liam and Constance liamandconstance at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:44:39 EDT 2015

Greetings Good Barony,

This year Aethelmearc becomes a full partner in Pennsic War and this
Pennsic War we are taking on the other two partners with a coalition of
other kingdoms. This presents two challenges and opportunities.

First, Now that we are a full partner, we should be looking out for ways we
as Aethelmearc and as the Barony can help make the war go smoothly. The
best way to do this is by Volunteering! There are plenty of places to
volunteer to help at war and a place for everyone. As a rough estimate, If
every member of the Barony volunteered for 4 hours to help out at Pennsic
we would cover over 1200 hours (which is 50 days of service). Service again
counts as a war point this year! Help Aethelmearc win the Service point!

The second challenge, or opportunity is on the battlefields and ranges.
Aethelmearc needs Fencers, Archers and Combat Archers to take the field to
win this war. Aethelmearc could win every point on the Heavy Battlefield
and not win the war! There are 7 points for Archery and 10 points for
Fencing. If we lost those points we would lose the war!

A few years back with the encouragement of Countess Elena d'Artois
<https://www.facebook.com/elena.dartois> and Mistress Irene ( Wendy
<https://www.facebook.com/wendy.i.colbert>), I began fencing and encouraged
other heavy fighters to do so. Since I started fencing, I have seen a
dramatic improvement in my heavy fighting skill and movement because of the
foot work that I have learned.

So my challenge to you dear barony, I started of as a heavy fighter and
became a fencer and a thrower. I ask of you to consider taking on 1 more
martial skill to help the war effort. If you are a fencer, Come to practice
and learn spear, If you like fighting spear, come to fencing practice! If
you are an archer, come over and learn combat archery, If you are a combat
archer, you already know how to shoot a bow, get out and shoot for the
populace shoots! This kingdom is nothing if not versatile and I know that
the Barony Marche can meet this challenge.

Come out to practice this Sunday, Archery and Thrown Weapons start at 11am,
Fencing at 1pm, Heavy and Youth start at 2pm. If you're interest is in the
Non-martial arts, There will be pilgrimage song singing and fiber arts as
well!

As an added bonus, The Tribune-Review will be at practices taking pictures
and doing an article for a full page display.
- Baron Liam

--
Baron Uilliam Mac-an-tSaoir
and