[SCA-BMDL] Barony Meeting and Policy and Officers, Oh My!

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:46:33 EST 2014

Hello Debatable Lands!
You may have see THL Elss' message about Baronial 12th Night this Saturday. She said she's sending out more info later, but I wanted to remind everyone specifically:
January's Barony Meeting will be at at the event (http://www.debatablelands.org/events/barony_12th.php), at 12 noon. Just some announcements - it won't take too long. :) If you have an announcement to make, please let the Herald, Lord Jorundr, know - herald at debatablelands.org.
Also, in the next Althing, you'll see a proposed policy change that we'll be voting on at February Officers' Meeting (Feb 5, 8pm, CMU, Room TBD). The change is to voting procedures at Officers' Meeting. See full proposal below (if you're viewing in plain text, look at the "proposed without formatting"). Please let me know of your comments by Feb 4th.
While we're talking Officers, it’s been pointed out that the Knight Marshal of the Barony
can be any warranted marshal, regardless of the type of warrant (archery,
rapier, etc.) that the Knight Marshal holds. This means that, if the Knight
Marshal is not the Rattan marshal, then the Rattan Marshal is not an officer.
The Officers of the Barony are interested in your thoughts on creating the
Rattan Marshal as a separate Officer. We don’t have a proposed policy change at
this time, but we will be discussing it during February’s Officers’ Meeting. As
a reminder, all gentles are welcome at Officers’ Meetings – we’d love to see
you there!
Lastly, my term as Seneschale is up in February, and I will not be seeking another. If you're interested in being the next Baronial Seneschal, please send a Letter of Intent to both me (seneschal at debatablelands.org) and Baron Liam and Baroness Constance (baron at debatablelands.org, baroness at debatablelands.org).
Let me know if you have any questions!
In Levitate et Caritate, ~Hilda, Seneschale

The Officers propose the following change to policy, section II.B. A vote on this proposed policy change is on the agenda of February Officers' Meeting on Feb 5th. Please send any comments on this proposed change to the Seneschale at seneschal at debatablelands.org before Feb 4th, 2013. Current policy is found at http://www.debatablelands.org/policy/bmdl_policies_2012-02.pdf.
 Current: Unless otherwise stated, decisions of the officers are by consensus of the people attending a scheduled officers meeting at which a majority of the Officers are present Officers may be represented by proxy. Only the members of the Financial Committee may vote on financial decisions. Any Officer may call for an Officer Only vote, in which case each Office gets one vote, with a simple majority of the votes cast deciding the issue.
Proposed: Unless otherwise stated, decisions of the officers are by consensus of the people attending a scheduled officers meeting at which a majority of the Officers are present. An individual may cast only one vote. Officers may be represented by proxy. Only the members of the Financial Committee may vote on financial decisions. Any Officer may call for an Officer Only vote, in which case each Office gets one vote, with a simple majority of the votes cast deciding the issue.
Proposed without formatting: Unless otherwise stated, decisions of the officers are by
consensus of the people attending a scheduled officers meeting at which a
majority of the Officers are present. An individual may cast only one vote.
Officers may be represented by proxy. Only the members of the Financial
Committee may vote on financial decisions. Any Officer may call for an Officer
Only vote, with a simple majority of the votes cast deciding the issue.