[SCA-BMDL] Barony Meeting Sunday!

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 14:02:19 EDT 2013

Hello Debatable Lands!
As you know from reading our lovely newsletter, the Althing, this Sunday, May 26th, is our Tournament Day Barony Meeting! We're having the meeting in conjunction with the regular martial practices at Washington Blvd (http://www.debatablelands.org/fight_directions.html).
Come at 11am if you're interested in the Thrown Weapons or Archery Tournaments. TW will have a straight "highest score" tourney. For Archery, our Captain of Archers has planned a head-to-head team tourney.
Announcements will be very brief and will happen at 2pm.
Afterwards will be Youth Fighting, Heavy Fighting, and Rapier Fighting. Heavy and Rapier will be endeavoring a Dual Duel! The tournament will consist of a pair of fighters - one Heavy and one Rapier. Heavy and Rapier lists will run concurrently. If the Rapier fighter of a pair wins first, he/she can run to the Heavy list and shoot one combat archery arrow at his/her partner's opponent. If the Heavy fighter of a pair wins first, he/she can help his/her partner in the Rapier list in the same way, but with a rubber band gun. Sound awesome? Then come on down and enjoy!
Spectators are highly encouraged to arrange galleries and/or participate in the non-fighting capacities we talked about in March Barony meeting (MOL, herald, etc).
Garb is not required. See you there!
In Levitate et Caritate,~Hilda, Seneschale
PS: Apologies for the late reminder!