[SCA-BMDL] War Practice

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 11:58:05 EDT 2013

Unto the Noble Populace of the Barony Marche does Baron Liam send greetings,

I would like to again convey how very blessed we are to have such amazing friends and such a supportive Barony. The continued assistance we have received in this very difficult time is humbling to both Her Excellency and myself. Many of you have gone far out of your way to delivered food and well wishes to our home and to my hospital bed while I was still there, and we are forever grateful. The out pouring of support has literally brought me to tears on several occasions. Thank you all so much for all that you have done.

War Practice is just a few days away, We will again show our martial prowess on the field in Archery, Thrown Weapons, Fencing, Youth Fighting and Heavy Fighting. On Friday evening (at 5pm) there will be a tournament held by Her Excellency to benefit the Butler County Humane Society. The tournament called "Dogs of Warmth" will be a Bear Pit style tourney and all that you need to do to enter is bring a blanket or cash donation for BCHS. THL Caelinn (Lynette) is the director at BCHS and will make sure the blankets and all donations are well used. Saturday Morning at 10 will be the Seven Pearls Heavy Tournament, Baroness Ariella will represent the Barony as Our Champion and we ask the THL Jussie be prepared as her second on that day. We hope that many of you will be there to cheer on your Baronial Heavy Champion.

When our Heavy fighting unit take the field on Saturday, I will sadly not be in armor. I will be out of armor for a minimum of six weeks. I am leaving the Baronial Unit in the very capable hands of Baron Alonzio of the Peacemakers and THL Zoe Akropolatina. They have been my back up commanders for the past two years and I have no doubt that they will lead the baronial unit to victory with our brothers and sisters from throughout the Kingdom. I will still be there on the sidelines cheering you all on and assisting where I can.

Finally, I had presented a challenge to the Kingdom a little over a month ago to increase the availability of shields for use when we need them. I currently have 8 wooden shield blanks in the basement of my house that need to be finished so that they can take the field. If anyone is willing to come and pick one or more of them up and finish them, it would be a great help. especially since I am nit allowed to even lift them. Contact me directly if you can help.

Again, thank you all for what you have done and continue to do. I am very proud to be your Baron.

In Service,

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus