[SCA-BMDL] Pennsic Approaches

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 20:07:01 EDT 2013

Unto the populace do Liam and Constance send greetings:

Although the crops have not yet begun to grow, it is time to prepare for a war campaign that will start in Blackstone Mountain and end in our own backyard at the 42nd Pennsic War.

At Gulf Wars, we allied with our good friends from Trimaris and the forces that took the field showed the true might of Aethelmearc and helped decide every battle.
This year, we would like to increase the Barony’s numbers on the field, to that end; we would like to see more Fencers, Fighters, Archers and Throwers at practices. Though we currently don’t have a breakdown of the war points, there is likely to be war points in all of these activities.

Last year, His Excellency Liam put forth a challenge for heavy fighters to become fencers and vice versa, there are several that have answered the challenge. It would be great to see more and increase our numbers on both fields for the kingdom.
On the heavy side we are looking to recruit new fighters and retain many of the fighters we have. There are households that declared that they will fight with the baronial unit, and we are hoping for more to join in this effort. The other direction we would like to see this year is a heavy archery unit, we have several local combat archers who are willing to help teach how combat archery works and help anyone who wishes to get on the field to get authorized.

To the artisans of the barony and anyone who is unable fight or fence, we need your help as well. An army needs to be outfitted. Fighters, Fencers and Youth Fighters need Tabards, Throwers and Archers need baldrics. In the coming weeks and months, we will have Tabard and Baldric making workshops. If you are able to donate your time to help out and/or Red cloth for the tabards and Gold/Yellow cloth for the shoulder patches it would be greatly appreciated.

The Barony Marche is the largest population center in the Kingdom, with those numbers come a great group of talented people that can lead Aethelmearc and our allies to victory at Pennsic war this year.

For the glory of Aethelmearc,

Baron Uilliam Mac-an-tSaoir
And
Baroness Constance Glyn Dwr

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus