[SCA-BMDL] fencing practice today and call for substitute marshals

Wendy Colbert rapierlady at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 09:57:50 EST 2013

Yes, there will be fencing practice today at 2pm at the Chinese Church, Check the Baronial website for address and directions. Loaner gear will be available.

A big thank you to Don Christian de Launey for donating a weapon to our loaner gear.
Youth are invited to participate in fencing practices as long as a youth fencing marshal is present, I am a youth marshal, so if I am at practice, youth can fence. We have loaner gear for youth fencers.

A look ahead at practice and a call for substitute marshals to cover practice

Feb 10 - practice at the Chinese Church from 2-6
Feb 17 - need a substitute marshal or practice will be cancelled for this day
Feb 24- Practice moves to the Regional Muster in Wexford- watch for details
March 3- watch for possible change in location of practice
March 10- Practice as usual at the Chinese Church
March 17 - Need a substitute Marshal or practice will be cancelled for this date
March 24- -Need a substitute Marshal or practice will be cancelled for this date
March 31- Need a substitute Marshal or practice will be cancelled for this date
April 7- Watch for announcement of location for practice for this date.
April 13 (Saturday) come fence at the Iron Comet event
April 14 practice as usual
April 21- Need Substitute Marshal
April 28- Need Substitute Marshal

As you can see, I am traveling or have other responsibilities that will keep me quite busy in March and April. I am hoping that some of the other fencing marshals in the Barony will step forward and help cover some of these dates.

Irene von Schmetterling
Rapier Marshal, BMDL

Come visit my esty shop StringsNstrands  StringsNstrands.etsy.com
for fiber goodies and handcrafted Montessori materials