[SCA-BMDL] Crown Practice Tourney this Sunday!

Amy C acostell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:40:30 EDT 2012

Come join us this Sunday for BMDL fight practice, 2-6pm.  Come early at
1:30 to armor up and get inspected for our practice tourney.

This Sunday, Sept 23, we will have a Crown Practice Tourney starting at
2:30pm. This is an opportunity to practice key aspects of tournament
fighting:  the first fight is the one that counts, the pressure of a
tourney situation, and fighting in a list of limited size.  We will have
roped-off lists set up.  If you've never fought in a tournament, this is a
good chance to try out how it works.  The format will mirror Crown:  Double
elimination, no shields for quarter and semi finals.  We will also have a
Bear Pit running for those who have been killed twice.  Countess Rosalinda,
as the most recent member of the Barony to wear the crown, will grant a
token as prize to the winner of the Crown Practice Tourney.  Everyone is
welcome to fight in this practice tourney; you do not have to be planning
to fight in crown.  Count Isenwulf will be fighting and is ready to give
tips, and Duke Christopher will also be on hand to give suggestions to
those who ask.

Duchess Morgen will be leading a mini-class for consorts (and anyone
interested) on practical ways to support your fighter in a tourney- things
you may not think of but are incredibly helpful.

Also, we welcome any field heralds or heralds in training who would like to
join us to announce the fighters and make the proclamations upon the field,
in a situation of less pressure than an event.  Serves to make it more fun
for everyone else, and can be good practice.

We invite you to come and hang out and watch and chat with folks as well,
even if you won't be active in any of the above.  There's lots of shade.
Bring your chair, some water, and a project. :-)

If you need armor, please make arrangements with the Iron Key Lady Sumayya
ahead of time.  Email her at ironkey at debatablelands.org .  No armor will be
provided unless it is requested in advance.
Need a ride?  Join the BMDL Ride Boards (bmdlrideboard) at Google Groups
and/or the Face Book BMDL Ride Board.

BMDL Sunday Fighter Practice will continue at Washington Blvd Park Sundays
2pm - 6pm unless other notice is given.
As always, all interested parties are welcome. All other disciplines must
provide their own marshals.

See you at practice.

In service,
Cynewyn