[SCA-BMDL] War Practice Youth Combat Thanks

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 09:30:07 EDT 2012

>From Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope, Youth Combat Marshall in Charge at War Practice. Greetings!

Thank you so much to all those who made Youth Combat at this year's War Practice a joy:

- Their Majesties, Andreas and Kallista, for giving the youth fighters Their undivided attention during a very long Champion's Tourney. Your presence and encouragement were an inspiration.
- THLady Zoe Akropolitina, Regional Youth Combat Marshal, who ran the Champion's Tourney, provided loaner gear, and procured a table and chairs for our MOLs.
- Lady Asta and Baroness Rynea, MOLs, who cheerfully adapted to our ever-changing list strategies and handled paperwork for the many authorizations we did.
- Sir SextusPliniusCallidus, Society Youth Combat Marshall, for jumping in to marshal when I was short-handed, and for his gift of experimental list-legal throwing javelins, which the kids loved.
- Mistress Jenna MacPherson, AEthelmearc Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal, for assisting with youth authorizations and marshaling even though she wasn't originally even planning to attend the event.
- Lord Robert Pour Maintenant, for assistance in working with new youth fighters and wrangling gear.
- Lord BoviFarmadr, who took time out from his duties as WP Autocrat to provide us with a canopy for shade.
- Eiiden Abdul Salam, outgoing Kingdom Champion, for designing a fun and interesting Champion's Tourney format

- My sons, Lord Robert MacEwin of Thornhill and Kenneth of the Debatable Lands, for their assistance in hauling gear.
- All of the youth fighters and their parents, who handled the hot weather and long bouts of fighting with patience, good humor, and enthusiasm.

We had 14 youth fighters entered in the Champion's Tourney, and 3 new youth fighters who put on armor and did some sparring for the first time.

Congratulations to the three new Kingdom Youth Champions, Lord Aaron the Swift, Lord Robert MacEwin of Thornhill, and El Tigre! Additional congratulations go to Lord Aaron, whose team won the Warlord Tournament!

In service to AEthelmearc,

Arianna