[SCA-BMDL] Help Educate Some Cub Scouts

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:11:18 EDT 2012

Hi there! We have a request (below) from one of our former members, Lady Anastasia (Pamela), for some help for her son's Cub Scout troop. Rather than being a formal demo, this is a request to just make some time to teach some kids a bit about what we know. Master Remus has already volunteered to help. I know it's during a weekday, but if you can, please consider volunteering, too. Contact info for the troop leader below.

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda

>From Anastasia:

This year the Cub Scouts' summer day camp for the Pittsburgh district will have a medieval theme, and they are looking for people who can come out and do some teaching.  In particular they are looking for people who can talk about coats of arms/heraldry and music, but they would probably be open to other topics as well (or extra people for window dressing!).  The day camp will be held at Camp Guyasuta, which is just off the Aspinwall exit on Rte. 28 (across the river from the Pittsburgh Zoo).  The dates for camp are Tuesday, July 17 and Wednesday, July 18 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.  I don't think that they are expecting people to stay for the day; instead I think that they are going to try to set up times for classes to accommodate the people who are interested.

Anyone who is interested can make arrangements by contacting Noreen Lockman, our fearless leader:

412.242.5189 home
717.377.9549 cell
noreenlockman-pack139 at hotmail.com