[SCA-BMDL] Help Needed

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 11:28:26 EDT 2012

Unto the Populace does Baron Liam send greetings;

The last few weeks we have seen an influx of new people at practice, This does tend to happen on the march to Pennsic. The influx of new people this time is not because they were in a rush to go to Pennsic, these are new people that are jumping right in, all of whom are young and greatly interested in developing in the society.  The are taking part in thrown weapons with the help of Elss & Cathain, One is planning to begin fencing (and has done olympic style fencing in the past). Three of them have started heavy fighting with training help from Baron Shiro, Sir Maghnus, Sir Graedwyn, Master William and many others.

Here is where we run into the problem. The barony currently has 2 loaner helms and other loaner armor to work with. 2 of these gentlemen wear a large size helm. Today, I am asking all of those who have an old helm or armor collecting dust in the garage or basement that may be willing to loan or donate it to help these gentlemen get on the field for Pennsic, it would be greatly appreciated.

With a few weeks left before Pennsic, The plan is to start review a scenario each week, and work on that scenario if we are able. Remember, July 8th, Sunderoak will bring their practice to us. This will be a good time to work on those scenarios.

Thank you in advance for any help that any of you can give!

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus