[SCA-BMDL] Calling All SCA Spinners-Worldwide Spin in Public Day 9/15/12

Mary marymalyszka at me.com
Tue Jul 31 17:39:01 EDT 2012

Greetings Everyone,
While I know that most thoughts and activities are focused on Pennsic, I wanted to let all the area SCA spinners know that Old Economy Village in Ambridge, PA will be hosting a Worldwide Spin in Public Day event on September 15, 2012, from 11 am to 2 pm. I've provided some details below.  COSTUMES ARE WELCOME! So, if you would love to wear that lovely cote-hardie or Tudor gown on a fall afternoon in a historic setting with other like-minded spinners, please join us! (Mundane clothes are fine too!) Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Announcing a 2012 Worldwide Spin in Public Day in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Join us on 9/15/12 from 11 am to 2 pm, at Old Economy Village (OEV), a historic site in Ambridge, PA. Admission to the SIP event is free to spinners with a spinning wheel, charkha, or drop spindle. Reenactors welcome! Come in Costume! (optional).

ABOUT OEV: Built in the 1820s by the Harmony Society, Old Economy Village is a beautiful historic setting, with formal gardens and numerous historic homes. It is a perfect location to spin!

DIRECTIONS: Since OEV is a multi-block/multi-building museum, for the best directions please enter the following address into your GPS or Google Maps/Mapquest: 1398 Church  Street, Ambridge, Pennsylvania 15003. This is the address for St. John’s Lutheran Church which is located directly across the street from the garden entrance. The ‘official’ mailing address for Old Economy Village at 270 16th Street, Ambridge, Pennsylvania 15003 is located two blocks away from the garden facilities.

Contact: marymalyszka at me.com