[SCA-BMDL] War Preparations

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 12:13:32 EST 2012

Unto the Populace of the Barony Marche does Baron Liam send greetings.

During afternoon court at 12th Night, His grace Henri and the Knights Bannerette issued a challenge, A challenge to put 300 warriros on the field this Pennsic. Today, I issue you all a challenge, My goal is to put 150 warriors on the field for Pennsic including Heavy Fighters, Youth Fighters, Fencers, Archers and Thrown Weapons.

The East Kingdom and the Midrealm intend to invade our sovereign lands, not just our Kingdom, but the back yard of this Barony! We will not stand for this!

If you are a Heavy Fighter and live in this Barony, we expect to see you at Sunday Practices, we understand that some have other obligations on Sundays but we want you there at least once a month. after speaking to the Knight Marshal, we will be working on a Melee drill every week until War.

If you are a Target Archer and ever wanted to learn about Combat Archery, THL Zoe has volunteered to assist in teaching people about Combat Archery and it's usefulness in combat scenarios. Her Excellency and I would like to see a baronial combat archery unit on the filed for Pennsic.

If anyone has plans for or the ability to build a siege engine and would like to volunteer t for Baronial Service, we will help you find a crew to crew it.

If you would like to learn to be a heavy fighter and help Your Barony and Your Kingdom, Please come to Sunday Practice, there is loaner armor that we can get you into to see if Heavy Fighting or Combat Archery is something you would like to do. (You will need to bring your own groin protection, elbow pads and knee pads are also suggested.)

If you are a Fencer, Mistress Irene is holding practices every Sunday along side Heavy Practice. If you would like to learn to fence, Mistress Irene can instruct and bring loaner equipment for you to use.

If you are an Archer or would like to be an Archer, The Baronial Archers travel to Steltonwald Practice on Wednesdays through the winter, please visit their website for info: http://www.steltonwald.org/calendar.shtml

If You are a Youth Fighter, or are the parent of a child that would like to learn youth fighting. Youth Fighter practice is held on Sundays along side Heavy and Fencing practice, Mistress Arianna is there to instruct and marshal, there is loaner equipment available as well.

If You are a Thrower or would like to learn thrown weapons, there is currently no practices scheduled due to the weather. Please check the Barony Calendar for the start of outdoor practices.

If you are a former fighter or fencer and would like to lend your old armor to the cause, please contact me so that we can put it to use.

If you are unable to fight and would still like to support your army, there is always a need for Waterbearers, If you can help in that way, contact Baroness Constance: LiamandConstance (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Regular Sunday Practice is held at the Pittsburgh Chinese Church, 8711 Old Perry Highway, Pittsburgh PA 15237 from 2-6 pm.

There are two Regional Muster coming up as well:

February 5th - in Marsall Twp (near Wexford exit on I-79)
February 19th - in Butler at Elite Athletics (http://sunderoak.aethelmearc.org/Officers/rattan.html)

We hope that you will take this challenge and support Your Kingdom and Your Barony! Ad Glorium! Aethelmearc!!

In Service,

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus