[SCA-BMDL] Fighter and Fencing

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 13:57:23 EST 2012

Good Populace,
I was again encouraged withe the turnout at Practices yesterday.

2 New or newer Youth Fighters!
3 New fencers (including myself)
1 New heavy fighter bringing a total of 3 in a month.

The Heavy fighters work on some unit movement and discussed some
nomenclature, thank you Bors for helping us with the movement drills. As
 discussed yesterday, the Baronial unit will reform on COMET, It will
also be the preparatory commend for all movement. Each command will be
repeated by the unit.

Example:
Commander: Comet!
Unit: Comet!
Commander: Advance!
Unit: Advance!

These Commands will remain in place for the Barony as long as we sit the Baronial Thrones.

Next week The Barony's warriors will travel north to Sunderoak for
second regional muster. The address for this event is: Elite Athletics,
109 Bonnie Dr., Butler, Pa. 16001.

There will be room for
Fencers, Youth, and Heavy. I would like to see us make it to this muster
 in Large Numbers.  I personally will be transporting the Knight
Marshall and one of the youth fighters plus armor in my car. I strongly
encourage carpooling, Let's fill a bunch of cars and head north! The
Shire of Sunderoak is asking for small donations to help defray the cost
 of the facility, I would suggest around $3 per person.

I would
 like to see practices growing more and more over the next month or so.
The Barony's Marshals are volunteering their time to assure that we have
 space available to use every week through the winter. The Barony pays
for a space  throughout the winter so that we are able to continue
practices, Please make the money that your Barony is paying out
worthwhile.

In Service,

Shawn MacIntyre
EMT/FFII

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus