[SCA-BMDL] FW: [SCA-AE] ANNOUNCE: Important news regarding SCA Finances and Lawsuit settlement

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:28:57 EST 2012

My friends,

Yesterday on the Aethelmearc elist, we were informed of a settlement in a lawsuit against the SCA which will affect our Barony financially.  Please read the missive below.  Additionally, on the Corporate website, there is the official announcement and FAQs. http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlement.html

The money that Corporate is asking of us is 18% of our assets as determined by the last report we filed. Let me say up front that this amount will not cause particular hardship for our Barony. I commend His Excellency, Master Tofi, our Exchequer, for good stewardship of our funds.

Let me also say that the Kingdom and Corparate has kept the local group Seneschals as well-informed as was feasible over the years in this matter. The timing was unknown, but this request for funds was not entirely unexpected, and the amount is considerably less than it could have been.

I know some of you feel strongly about this situation, and I urge you to read the announcement and FAQs in full. I want to state again, as I've done before, that as Seneschale of this fine Barony, I maintain a personal policy of transparency where possible. If you have questions about this issue, you have but to ask, and I will answer or find the answer as best I can.

I am available to speak with by email, at 412-606-6258, or find me on Facebook (Krista Traini Cogan).

In Gravitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale, Debatable Lands