[SCA-BMDL] Regional Muster - BMDL Youth Fighter Practice and RATTAN WEAPON Workshop

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 14:02:12 EST 2012

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

REMINDER: NEW LOCATION THIS WEEK ONLY! We will NOT be at the Chinese Church!

BMDL youth fighting practice be held this Sunday Feb. 5th from 2-5 pm at Marshall Elementary School's gym.  The address is 5135 Wexford Run Rd, Wexford, PA 15090.  As you enter the schools' campus, you first pass the Middle school on your left and continue to the Elementary school. The first door is for the gym (go straight down the hall). Please, no smoking on school grounds and no food in the gym. The site is about 3 miles from the Wexford exit (exit 73, Rt. 910, Wexford-Bayne Rd) off I-79. For a map, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/7yecnf4

This practice will feature our first RATTAN WEAPON BUILDING WORKSHOP! I will provide one sword-length of 1" diameter rattan FREE to each youth fighter who attends, thanks to the generosity of several people who donated rattan (first come, first served, when it's gone, it's gone). Please either bring your own pipe foam and duct tape, or plan on paying me about $5 per sword for enough to pad and tape your weapon. I'll also provide each youth fighter with an instruction sheet to take home so you'll know how to make your own rattan weapons in the future.

I have loaner gear for any new fighters who need it. Remember to bring a water bottle.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

Feb. 5 - Practice at Marshall Middle School in conjunction with the Regional Muster! Rattan weapons-making workshop!

Feb. 12 - Practice at the Chinese Church
Feb. 19 - Practice at Regional Muster in Butler PA, with rattan weapons-building
Feb. 26 - Practice at the Chinese Church
March 4 - Practice at the Chinese Church

There are plans for more youth-dimension rattan to be delivered in time for the Regional Muster in Sunderoak (Butler, PA) on Feb, 19th. That rattan will cost approximately $11 per 9 ft. stave, since it is being bought from a supplier in the Middle Kingdom. Thank you to Magister Calvert and Mistress Jenna of the Rhydderich Hael for arranging purchase and delivery of of that youth rattan!

I hope to see you all this Sunday!

Arianna