[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 09:38:25 EST 2012

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Thanks to Baroness Ariella for giving Robert and Jimmy a great workout with two-sword last weekend. They learned a lot and found out just how much more energy it takes to chase an adult fighter around the room than another youth fighter!

This Sunday there will be goodies and gifts for all youth fighters as my thanks for another great year of youth combat. Practice be held as usual from 2-5pm at the Pittsburgh Chinese Church in the North Hills at 8711 Old Perry Highway, Pittsburgh, PA 15237. Old Perry Highway is off Rt. 19 (Perry Hwy) in McCandless, and the church is behind CCAC North. Map here, entrance at the green arrow: http://goo.gl/maps/d5Qxi

Parking: Park in the down-slope lot off of Highland Rd, walk around the side of the building closest to the baseball diamond, enter the first door, and walk up the stairs to the large room on the 3rd floor.

We'll have loaner gear for any new fighters who need it. Make sure to bring a water bottle.

This Sunday is the last youth fighter practice of the year; HOWEVER, there will be a gaming session for all youth fighters hosted by Lady Ceindrech (Guion's mom) in lieu of fighter practice on the Sunday between Christmas and New Years. Here's the info from Ceindrech:
In lieu of the usual youth combat practice on December 30, youth fighters are invited to battle with cards, dice and other weapons of gaming warfare! You are all invited to a gaming party at the home of Gwion and Ceindrech, beginning at 2 pm. Please bring any games you want to share. I expect there will be some new ones that arrive for the holidays, so this will be your chance to test them out.

>There will be drinks and munchies. RSVP optional- If you know you're coming, please drop me an email so I can have plenty of food.  If you can come at the last minute, please do so!
>

>124 Hahn Ln, Monroeville PA 15146,  Map here: http://goo.gl/maps/gJRgI. Call me if you have problems, 412-901-5737.
>

>Parents are welcome to stay- we can game as well or bring craft projects...
>

>Hope to see you all,
>

>Ceindrech
The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

Dec. 16 - Practice at the Chinese Church
Dec. 23 - NO PRACTICE, Christmas weekend
Dec. 30 - NO PRACTICE, gaming at Ceindrech & Guion's instead!
Jan. 6 - Practice at the Chinese Church
Jan. 13 - Practice at the Chinese Church

I hope to see you all this Sunday!

Arianna