[SCA-BMDL] Demo Fun at Aspinwall's Fall in the Wall Fete

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:37:26 EDT 2011

Please come out to this demo next Saturday (free refreshments!) From our Chatelaine:

Come one, come all! The Borough of Aspinwall has generously invited us to hold a demonstration of our medieval activities at their "Fall in the Wall" celebration on Saturday, October 8th. We need fighters of every kind (heavy, youth and rapier) to showcase our martial skills. We'd also like to share any Arts skills we can, so if you sing, dance, play an instrument, spin, or do any other activity that translates well to demos, please join us. The community celebration runs from 11am to 4pm, but we only ask a couple hours of your time. If you’re new to demos, please join us in garb for the day and distribute print materials to the interested public.

Aspinwall is just across the Highland Park Bridge from our Sunday practice site, and the borough has generously offered a donation to the Barony, as well as refreshments for the volunteers that day. Here is an excellent opportunity for a recruitment demo, and I hope you can come out for just a little while to show the world what a fun place the SCA is. To volunteer, and for more details, contact:

Lady Anna Leigh at chatelaine at debatablelands.org
Aka Kimberly Gamrod 412-901-3581 (Please do not email after Sunday October 2, call instead)
Or Cathain (Kane) at scacathain at gmail.com
Aka John Duggan 412-225-7666